Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Roger Socks

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and while my mind is mainly on stuffing recipes and turkey preparation, it is also that time of year that most of us reflect on things for which we are thankful.  My wonderful family and husband Mike top the list, of course.  There are a million reasons for me to be thankful for Mike, but today he was presented with one more reason to me thankful he has me.  Four words sum it up:  merino cashmere handknit socks.
Pattern:  Roger Socks by Anne Hanson
Ravelry Project Page
Yarn:  Sanguine Gryphon Bugga!--Autumn Tiger Beetle
Needles: 2.5 mm
Cast on: July 2010
Finished:  today!

I've used the amazingly beautiful and soft Bugga! yarn for a sweater and a shawl, but these are the first socks.  They certainly won't be the last.  They are soft and squishy and amazing, and it's a good thing they are too big for me otherwise I might have to keep them for myself!  Luckily they are not going far so I can continue to visit and more importantly, carefully supervise their washing.  Ah, pretty pretty socks...

                                            
These socks are part of my new dedication to clearing out the knitting works-in-progress.  I recently did an honest count of my WIPs.  Not counting two blankets or the "hibernating" projects (two sweaters, a vest, and three socks), I was at fourteen.  14?!  I clearly got completely out of control somewhere in September and let the trend keep on going, and going, and going.  I've been the Energizer bunny of starting new stuff and putting it down, and now I have this pile:
 The tally includes two sweaters, two fingerless mitts, two baby sweaters, two pairs of slippers, one skirt, four socks, and one scarf.  Yikes!  The pile has been neatly put away and the projects ranked.  I figure if I focus on a few at a time, more will get finished and I'll have less chance of getting too bored.  For this week, I'm focused on finishing the Roger socks (done!) and the slippers, which will bring me down to 11.  That's something at least, but I'm determined to finish up most of these projects before the end of December.  Hopefully for the next few weeks, this blog will be a parade of finished projects.  One can dream...

2 comments:

  1. I love these socks! The yarn has such pretty colors and the pattern is really pretty. Good luck with all those WIPs! I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, some of those UFO's look real pretty. Can't wait to see the finished products.

    ReplyDelete