Forgetting the yarn for the Leyfi sweater during my long day at the sleep clinic last Wednesday at least translated into progress on the other project I brought.
Pattern: Burning Rings of Fire (Ravelry pattern) by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Plum Paisley
Started: September 2010
The pattern is little more than a basic ribbed sock and not the most interesting knit so I don't have much to say except that I'm happy the socks are done. If I had anything else to knit at the sleep clinic, they would still be a WIP. Let's move on.
Feeling the burden of finishing Burning Rings lifted, I surprisingly was super motivated to keep working on socks. So I did not go back to Leyfi last week as planned but turned my attention to another half-finished pair of socks. Before I knew it, more finished socks!
Pattern: Charade (Ravelry Pattern) by Sandra Park
Yarn: Yarntini Self-Striping Sock in Peggy (Mad Men collection)
Started: September 2010
I love these socks. LOVE them. I love that I took the time to make them a nice length. I love that the stripes match up absolutely perfectly, right down to the three rows of blue at the toe. I love that they are a perfect match to my brown clogs, which are the only shoes I wear with handknit socks. Most of all, I love the combination of the stripes with this texture.
My sock knitting hasn't slowed just because I've finished two pair in the last week. No, there is not a third pair I can show off but I did at least finish a first sock.
Down the Rabbit-Hole (Ravelry download). One more sock and all four pairs listed for my great WIP knit-down will be complete. That's kind of amazing to me given my lack of sock knitting for most of this year.
Finally, I finished one more project this week. Not socks exactly, but they're close enough.
I decided I hated one of the baby sweaters that I had started so I ripped it completely and knit up a pair of Saartje's Booties in its place using some leftover Dale of Norway Baby Ull and some mystery pink scraps. Instead of cute buttons, I used snaps to secure the straps, mainly because I had no cute buttons and wanted the project finished up quickly more than I wanted to go button shopping.
So all in all, a very productive week for me even if Leyfi still needs most of a second sleeve. Three finished projects bring me down to eight total. Single digits!