Sunday, April 3, 2011

I might have a problem

I have tons to catch up on, and yet I've been terrible about actually sitting down to write.  However, I happen to have an excellent excuse.

This.


I hadn't touched my spindles in months, but I picked one back up a few weeks ago.  It's all been downhill from there.  I can barely put my spinning down lately.  I spin while watching television, spin in the kitchen while trying to cook, spin before I go to sleep, and even spin for a bit in the morning before I leave for work.  The last one is really crazy when you factor in that I won't take the time to eat in the morning since I'm always running late.  I spin while the dogs are asking to play, I spin when I should be cleaning, and clearly I've been spinning instead of blogging.  Hell, I traveled to Spain a couple of weeks ago and finished a knitting project, and yet I'm sitting here writing about spinning instead.  I'm seriously hooked.

My addiction became even clearer last weekend when I headed to the annual Homespun Yarn Party.  I circled the room twice and gorgeous as it all was, I was remarkably not tempted by most of the yarn.  For most of my time there all I was thinking was that my stash really might be a little out of control if I could actually be at fiber party and not buy yarn.  I don't think that's it though.  I think I was just fixated on something a little different.  I came home with very little yarn, but with a new spindle and these beauties:


Yup, all I want now is fiber.  The Maryland Sheep and Wool festival might be dangerous this year.

2 comments:

  1. OMG your spinning is amazing! and you're plying on your SPINDLE?! Wonder woman.

    ReplyDelete