Saturday, June 23, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

For the last 5 months, almost every weekend  has been dominated by run and bike workouts or by a race.  Housework has suffered, laundry has piled up, grocery shopping was often put off until mid-week.  The dogs got shorter walks and less attention, and in recent weeks, as icing my aching feet took priority over treadling a spinning wheel, even the pace of my crafting slowed to a crawl.  Running and triathlon took precedence over all else.

With Eagleman and a sprint tri I raced last weekend behind me, this is my first free weekend in months.  Mike is currently battling up mountains on his bike at the Savage Century, so I have both free time and the house to myself.  When Mike leaves town, I usually plan a home improvement project to surprise him with a freshly painted room or newly planted flowers or something.

This weekend all I planned was to catch up on the disaster of my house, but what have I done since coming home from work Friday evening?  Well, I've watched hours of True Blood (I know, I know, don't judge me).  That's right, infatuation with a viking vampire is threatening to derail the whole weekend.  Sheesh, that sounds even worse typed out than it did in my head.  And have you ever noticed how indulging in one guilty pleasure is sort of a slippery slope?  As if being captivated by bad television isn't enough of a treat, instead of my usual wholesome healthy breakfast, this morning I baked a chocolate-chip cookie pie and have already consumed a quarter of it.  I can't feel too guilty since it's made with garbanzo beans and oatmeal, the only sugar coming from banana (which I subbed for the dates), applesauce, and the small amount in extra-dark chocolate chips.  Relatively healthy baked goods notwithstanding, I'm not exactly off to a great start for a productive weekend.

I'm torn between 
wanting to accomplish something and wanting to spend the rest of the day with my feet up watching vampires and then maybe a nice action-packed brainless superhero movie.  Hmmm, perhaps Thor?  Okay, enough is enough.  I am not going to waste my weekend staring dreamily at tall blond Norsemen.  I'm nothing if not a good planner, and all I need is a list to get me moving in the right direction.

1.  Clean, laudry, yadda, yadda.  Basically, do shit around the house.  I never said my list had to be detailed.

2.  Extra long walk with the pups.  They deserve it.  
3.  60-90 minute bike ride and 1-2 hours yoga.  A break from running is not going to equal sitting on my ass.
4.  If I really want to go crazy, clean out the car.  You know you're jealous of my wild side.
5.  And finally, get your crafty act together!  This means reblock Jordan, finish weaving the scarf started in (gulp) December, and spin 2 more ounces of these lovelies.

Almost as yummy as Eric Northman

If I'm not back in 48 hours with some progress, someone disconnect my Internet connection.  I've succumbed to the temptation to catch up on 3 seasons of True Blood in one weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment